Thursday, April 5, 2012

Believing in the Journey.

In order to fulfill a dream, you have to be willing to go through a journey.
Every journey is a process, I think.
Of active persistence and subconscious passion.
There is nothing in the world if we as a race lose our passion.
But what if we broke it down?
Dissect it until we start with the beginning --
the individual and his/her dream.
What was mine?
What still is?
Is it to sing?
I have tried not to breathe music when I allow air into my lungs.
I have run away from it, and
scorned it,
and devoured it's seemingly stand-alone
desire to be heard.
My voice.
I have cowered behind it.
Tried to diminish it.
Even with things that sustain life,
I have tried to burn it away.
And yet, here I sit, yet again, in this huge, dusty space,
with it sitting right in front of me.
And yet I cannot face it.
I can't face it?
I don't know why I haven't tried harder
to revel in the things that I know would make me whole.
So what is stopping me today?
Does anything have to?

Too far into the future. 
 encaged in my small past. 
But i think the wall i've hit now ,
the wall that's growing fast
Is one the I can conquer 
if I will let it be 
swallow my pride 
and draw new lines 
Believe in my journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment