Thursday, April 19, 2012

Holding all the Coats.

Tonight i was the background harlett. 
Scarlet  holding all the coats. 
Tonight i watched the lives before me
Design, and  laugh, 
and boast
 every instance that they'd walked 
and every time they fell. 
And I met some who'd fallen. 
Fallen hard, 
but picked up well. 
And then I watched in disbelief
at in my life what i'd achieved
and where I've come to with my time . 
At 23, I Pity my--
self diluted sickness
that I've done all I can do. 
You wanna know that moment?
My nightmares did come true. 
I finally have reached the place 
Where I stand in all black-
Still holding onto all the coats, 
and they're not looking back. 
For while I'm simmering 
Like the burn of some forgotten stew-
The singers sang a melody that breathed life into view. 
And if I don't do something, 
stop fearing for the cost. 
My  fear will overtake me. 
My Song. 
It will be lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment