Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The reality of a dream.

Laying here, amongst my dimly lit,lightly snoring family, I have before me--
A task.
One that was brought on by a necessary tragedy.
One that will help me pick myself up faster than if I try to carry myself out of this on my own.
Do I want to be missing out on this weekend to be in Florida? No.
Do I feel well prepared for this trip?
Of course not.
Did I leave many pieces of myself in my Midwestern hometown...
Strewn about the state in a hansel and Gretel shaded pattern?
I wish I could say no about that one.
But the fact of the matter is that life
Rarely prepares us for any of the things that we are thrown into.
That is what helps us understand life.
Hardship gives us the dream.
Pain is the inspiration.
fire is what keeps us pressing onward, and only out of the ashes of what its beautiful destruction leaves behind can we find where the desire ; the dream ends ...
And where making it a reality can begin.
after all,
A fire is only beautiful to watch until it burns your fingers.
One must never be afraid of
What happens
When you
Put
It
Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment